Common reasons for Going Solar:
Lower or eliminate your electric bill:
Electric energy prices are steadily increasing. For example:
- Average monthly electricity bill is: $200.00
- Over 12 months you spent: $2,400.00
- The next10 years you will spend: $33,159.48
- The next 30 years electricity will cost you: $226,705.89
Increased Home Value:
- A home with $0 electric bill -- a powerful selling point
- Property value will increase $20,000 for every $1,000 you save on electricity per year**
- Your property value will increase: $36,962.40
- It will not increase your property tax because solar is property tax exempt!
- According to National Appraisal Institute
Has your retirement fund taken a hit lately? In addition to increased home value, Residential Solar can produce small, but certain long-term returns.
Pay $226,705.89 to your electric company over 30 years
- See 0 return on your investment
- Invest money into a Solar System
- After you pay off your solar system, you have 30+ years of free electricity
This is a huge return on your investment considering that you will be saving at least 20 years of electricity, which would cost you around $98,389.18.
Maryland Solar Rebates, Federal Tax Credits and other Local Incentives can pay for up to 45% of your total solar project costs!
How Solar Works
Photovoltaic solar cells convert sunlight into electricity. Photovoltaic solar panels are made of silicon crystals, the major component of sand.
Electricity is then passed into an inverter:
- Converts DC current into AC current
- AC current is the form of electricity appliances require
AC Current is passed onto your home electrical box.
- Take whatever electricity you require
- Excess electricity goes onto the electric grid
- Any electricity going onto the grid spins the meter backwards, qualifying the property owner for an electricity credit
- The Solar System is monitored to ensure optimum performance
- If the solar system is not performing at 100%, steps can be taken to fix the problem
The cost of a solar system depends on a variety of factors including:
To get a free accurate estimate, please fill in the form below.
Solar installations qualify for various rebates and incentives depending on where the installation occurs.
- US Tax Rebate: 30% federal tax credit
To best determine the total cost of a solar system, you should take advantage of Pure Solar MD's free on-site consultation. To sign up for a free consultation, fill out the form below:
Return on Investment (ROI)
A typical solar installation, after considering local, state, and federal rebates, will pay for itself in 8-12 years. If you are an investor, this is an equivalent of 12.5 - 8.3% return.
In addition, Maryland Solar Rebates can add up to several thousand dollars each year, slashing pay off time and increasing ROI. A positive cash flow is established from year one!
But you cannot compare solar to a typical investment because it is tax-free. In addition, a solar system has no risk since the only factor it relies upon is the sun.
After signing an agreement, we will give you a timeline for the installation of your solar system. After the solar panels and parts arrive, our professional crew will begin installing your photovoltaic solar system. Our crews arrive each day and work in a courteous manner. They will leave the site clean each evening.
A typical installation will take 3-5 days depending on size and complexity.
Learn More About the Installation Process for:
We use high-quality American panels.
Still have Questions?
Sign up for the Free Solar Webinar. The Free Solar Webinar provides an overview of solar. This includes a presentation of what solar is, how it works, and the benefits you can receive.