An electric hot water heater can account for 30% to 40% of a typical residential electric bill.
A Solar Hot Water System, also known as a Solar Thermal System reduces your electric bill by using the sun, instead of the power company to heat your water.
Pure Solar MD uses the Kingspan Thermomax Complete Solar Water System. The system comes in 60, 80 and 120 gallon tank sizes and all systems are backed by a 20 year Warranty. Kingspan’s North American Headquarters are located in Jessup, MD.
Solar Water Systems may qualify for:
1. Maryland State Grant of $500
2. Federal Income Tax Credit of 30% of System Cost
3. Property Tax Credits in participating Counties
4. S.R.E.Cs (Solar Renewable Energy Credits) of $500 to $900 per year
The Kingspan Thermomax Complete Solar Water System is designed to provide 80% of a home’s hot water from solar, with the remaining 20% heated by an electric back-up. So you don’t have to cross your fingers the sun is shining in order to take a shower; you’ll always have all the hot water you need, regardless of the weather.
The system uses an Evacuated Tube Solar Collector, which is made up of several individual vacuum sealed tubes. In addition to being to being more efficient than other types of collectors, the tube design means that if a single tube is damaged, only that tube needs to be replaced.
Using the sun’s rays, the collector heats a non-toxic glycol which is run through a heat exchanger to create the home’s hot water.
Solar Hot Water is the perfect way to take advantage of the solar grants and credits, and reduce your electric bill for a lower out of pocket cost than a large Photovoltaic System. Or, if you already have a P.V System, a Solar Water Heater may be all you need to achieve true energy independence.
Contact Us to learn more.